In Flight In Flight In Flight

Monday, August 29, 2011

Tips for Starting your Own Business

As many of you know, I am starting and launching my own event planning and styling business, In Flight Celebrations LLC as a result of all the great joy that the blog has brought upon me.  

As I was going through all the feelings and decisions of  whether I should or should not venture into this business idea; I came across a great article in the very beautiful and inspiring magazine, Life: Beautiful {Faith for your Journey}




In the magazine's article, Susan Handley who is the founder of Beijo Inc. Handbags, shared with the readers great tips on starting your own business.  I want to share that with you today because it brought so much light and direction into my decisions and I think you will enjoy it as a business owner as well.


  • God will speak loudly and clearly if you cut out the background noise and just listen.
  • Surround yourself with people that believe in you.
  • Pray, pray, pray.
  • Create an advisory board of people with diverse backgrounds and varied expertise.
  • Stay flexible yet focused.
  • Recognize that every person you meet does not have your best interest at heart.
  • Educate yourself. Knowledge is crucial, especially if you lack experience and history.
  • Realize that not everything is going to happen exactly how you want it to. Instead, it will happen as God intends it to.
  • You are not 100% right 100% of the time. What you learn along the way will be priceless.
  • Do not quit! No matter how hard it gets, do something (anything!) to keep moving.
 
I hope you enjoy it, and that it helps you and allow yourself to take flight!!!
~ Mayra

No comments:

Post a Comment